The Motor Sports Association, national governing body of UK motor sport, seeks a motivated individual to assist with its development programme for motor sport as a Go Motorsport Regional Development Officer (RDO).
The ideal candidate will be well-presented and articulate as the role will involve working with local motor clubs and making presentations to groups. It is essential that the RDO is a motivated self-starter, can demonstrate an ability to work independently and is prepared to work evenings and/or weekends if required.
A strong understanding of domestic motor sport is essential and the ideal candidate will have significant knowledge and experience of club motor sport. It would be advantageous if they also had a good knowledge of the key people within the sport in their area.
The MSA will undertake a full CRB check on behalf of the successful individual.
- Region: South East England
- Hours of work: A minimum of 10 hours per week (flexible hours)
- Duration of contract: Annual
- Remuneration: £5,500 per annum
- Reasonable expenses incurred in the process of fulfilling the contract will be covered to a maximum of £1,000 (mileage, postage, etc)
Duties may include, but will not be limited to, the following tasks:
- Be the first point of contact for the MSA and pro-actively work to assist the development of the sport in the target region
- Liaise with Regional Associations, attending selected meetings as required
- Engage with local car clubs, encouraging them to diversify and grow, providing support as necessary and share ideas and best practice between clubs
- Engage with local venues and events
- Utilise initiative and experience to further the cause of motor sport
- Follow up local enquiries received by Go Motorsport
- Arrange and deliver Go Motorsport presentations within schools and colleges
- Maintain regular dialogue with MSA and provide report of activity undertaken
Interested applicants should send a brief CV and letter of introduction detailing motor sport experience, current employment status and other relevant details to [email protected] by 30 April 2013.
Regional Development Officer Recruitment - South East
03 January 2018
Barry Arundell and Southsea Motor Club win prestigious MSA Awards
07 December 2017
Go Motorsport seeks Regional Development Officer (South East)
03 April 2013
Share your stories for a chance to win Wales Rally GB tickets
06 February 2013
BTCC champ Shedden helps launch Year of the Volunteer
15 January 2013
Go Motorsport puts on a show at Autosport International
15 January 2013
Go Motorsport at Autosport International
08 January 2013